Senior Research Scientist
Walt Disney Animation Studios Research
Rasmus spent nearly 10 years at Walt Disney Animation Studios as a software developer and supervisor prior to joining its research team. His research interests center around physical simulation and parallelization, but also includes challenges in rendering and character animation. Throughout the years he has worked on numerous feature films, and most recently his work has been used for cloth simulation and hair rendering in Tangled. He holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in computer science.
- Artist Friendly Hairshading
- Discrete Bending Forces and Their Jacobians
- Efficient Elasticity for Character Skinning with Contact and Collisions
- Improved Failsafe for Cloth Simulation
- Modeling and Estimation of Internal Friction in Cloth