Research Associate or Senior Research Associate – Disney Research Pittsburgh
The Disney Research computer vision and machine learning group is responsible for developing algorithms in computer vision and machine learning for variety applications of interest to The Walt Disney Company. Current research includes work on visual recognition, localization and understanding, semantic modeling, deep learning architectures, and statistical and probabilistic models of various forms in both visual and natural language domains.
Responsibilities of the Research Associate will include:
- Support and contribute to on-going research projects by building research prototypes
- Maintenance and support of research code developed by the members of the group
- Transference of research prototypes into production ready code and plugins
- Serving as a conduit between research personnel and engineering resources in business units
- Independent, rapid prototyping for state-of-the-art technologies
- Opportunity to contribute directly and indirectly to research publications
- B.A. or M.A. degree in Computer Science by the hiring date
- Classes or concentration in Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
- Strong analytics and mathematical skills
- Solid programming and software engineering skills in Python and C/C++
- Hands-on experience with one or more standard neural network libraries (Torch, Theano, TensorFlow)
- Experience working on research problems
Additional (bonus) Qualifications:
- Knowledge of interface design and/or web programming
- Experience working with large datasets and/or enterprise systems
- Knowledge of probabilistic modeling
This position is a project hire with an initial appointment of 2 years (with progress review after 1 year). Further extensions and potential conversion to a permanent post are possible subject to performance and budgetary approval.
Disney Research is located in the CIC building on CMU campus. To apply, please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use DRP-RA 2017 in your subject line.
Important Application Information:
Our system allows us to track multiple documents within your candidate profile. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must email your most current CV along with a cover letter that details your area of specialization and geographic preferences. We also request that you provide a link to, or include copies of, representative papers that we may add to your profile. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request that you provide the names and contact information of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.