Research Engineer – Disney Research Pittsburgh
Disney Research Pittsburgh is seeking applicants for a Research Engineer position, at either the junior or senior level, with an emphasis on physical interaction technologies that leverage both software and hardware innovation.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 offering the best attributes of academia and industry with the goal of driving value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community. Our researchers collaborate closely with co-located academic institutions.
Typical responsibilities of a Research Engineer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with a diverse team of scientists, artists, and engineers to develop and refine research and transfer it to our business unit partners
- Work with researcher groups to develop advanced prototypes of physical systems consisting of mechanical, hardware and software elements
- Independently manage technology development, interface with business unit partners, and drive projects to completion
- Continually learn, develop new skills and stay abreast of the latest technology
- Passion for building, hacking and creating new technology
- Fundamental computer science skills along with a working knowledge of common programming languages including: C/C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Familiarity with embedded systems: MSP430s, Arm Cortex-M3/M4, FPGAs, etc.
- Experience with rapid prototyping: 3D printing, laser cutters, general shop equipment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field (or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use DRP-RE-2017 in your subject line to apply for this position.
Important Application Information:
Our system allows us to track multiple documents within your candidate profile. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must email your most current CV along with a cover letter that details your area of specialization and geographic preferences. We also request that you provide a link to, or include copies of, representative papers that we may add to your profile. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request that you provide the names and contact information of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.