Research Scientist – Computer Vision – Disney Research Pittsburgh
Disney Research Pittsburgh seeking applicants for a Research Scientist position, at either junior or senior level, in Computer Vision. The research emphasis is on the visual recognition algorithms in image and video domains. This includes areas such as object and activity recognition/detection, joint vision + natural language processing, and other high-level visual structured prediction problems.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 to drive value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community. Our researchers collaborate closely with co-located academic institutions (CMU and ETH) and regularly publish in top academic venues: CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NIPS, ICML and others.
Typical responsibilities of a Research Scientist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive value for Disney through groundbreaking research and innovation.
- Lead a research group with post-doctoral researchers, interns, and external collaborators.
- Publish results in top conferences within the field (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, etc.).
- Participate in conferences, workshops, and academic-industrial events.
- Engage with and develop a strong network of business partners within the company.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven track record of publications in top computer vision and/or ML conferences.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Postdoctoral research experience.
- Technical breadth in computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning architectures.
To apply, please email email@example.com. DRP-RS-CV-2017 in your subject line.
Important Application Information:
Our system allows us to track multiple documents within your candidate profile. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must email your most current CV along with a cover letter that details your area of specialization and geographic preferences. We also request that you provide a link to, or include copies of, representative papers that we may add to your profile. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request that you provide the names and contact information of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.