A Research Scientist is a principal investigator, with latitude to define a research agenda based on needs gathered from the business units, areas of expertise available in the labs, and knowledge of the research frontier. Resources available to a Research Scientist may include a research team with postdoctoral researchers, interns, and external consultants. Typical responsibilities of a Research Scientist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with experts and executives in Disney’s businesses to identify research problems worthy of research investment.
- Independently conceive of and propose research problems that are relevant to Disney’s businesses.
- Conduct and direct research inspired by those problems.
- Present research problems, plans, and results.
- Document research in internal reports, peer-reviewed publications, and patent applications.
- Work with Disney’s businesses to commercialize research results.
- Provide expert consulting to various business units of The Walt Disney Company.
To apply please email email@example.com
Important Application Information:
Our system allows us to track multiple documents within your candidate profile. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must email your most current CV along with a cover letter that details your area of specialization and geographic preferences. We also request that you provide a link to, or include copies of, representative papers that we may add to your profile. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request that you provide the names and contact information of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.