Software Engineer – Disney Research Pittsburgh
The Disney Research software engineering group supports the individual research groups in all aspects of software development, from implementing and optimizing specific algorithms and helping in designing larger software frameworks, to providing and maintaining fundamental software libraries used by multiple research groups. We also play a key role in technology transfers, by helping getting research results out to the various business units of The Walt Disney Company and converting research code intro production code that is customized and maintained according to the business units’ specific needs.
Typical responsibilities of a Software Engineer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support both research and technology transfers
- Develop robust, modern multithreaded code that runs on different architectures and platforms
- Work independently and in highly diverse and multidisciplinary project teams, and with external partners
- Practice strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent software engineering skills
- Common software development tools, environments, compilers, version control, build systems
- Expert C++
- Strong mathematical skills (linear algebra, numerical methods, ODEs)
- User interface design (Qt or similar)
- Scientific Computing with MATLAB, Octave or similar
- 3D computer graphics
- GPU programming
- Machine learning
- Embedded and real-time systems
To apply, please email email@example.com Please use DRP-SE 2017 in your subject line.
Important Application Information:
Our system allows us to track multiple documents within your candidate profile. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must email your most current CV along with a cover letter that details your area of specialization and geographic preferences. We also request that you provide a link to, or include copies of, representative papers that we may add to your profile. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request that you provide the names and contact information of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.