Disney Research Zurich (DRZ) is looking for a product designer to support our research team in building prototypes.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 offering the best attributes of academia and industry with the goal of driving value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.
What you will do:
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction
- Create concept art or other visual examples that illustrate research and tech transfer projects in a compelling and engaging manner with multi-disciplinary teams, working on big challenges
- Serve as a resource to test DRZ research prototypes, provide feedback, and create examples to use in publications and tech transfer
- Assist with tech transfer efforts. When needed, create new content for our business-unit partners using our research prototypes
- Provide creative support for office tasks such as creating posters, signs, presentations, web pages, style templates, and videos
- Proactively take ownership of the work assigned to you and ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner, while sometimes working on several projects simultaneously
- You’re not a project manager, but you will need to have project management skills and an awareness of the bigger picture
- Creative support for office tasks: Provide creative support for office tasks such as creating posters, signs, presentations, web pages, style templates, and videos
- 3+ years relevant experience in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or User Experience Design
- Proficient in English
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented research environment
- Visual and Web Design
- Skilled with Sketch and other design tools
- Experience or strong desire to deep dive into powerful interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Invision)
Additional skills (not all required):
- Motion Graphics
- Data visualization skills
- Experience with user testing and/or analytical research; comfortable working from data
- Experience working within and/or contributing to a design system