Disney Research Zurich (DRZ) is looking for a digital artist intern to support our research team with 2D and 3D digital art tasks, such as concept art, 3D modeling, animation, and game design. The internship will run between 3 and 6 months.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 offering the best attributes of academia and industry with the goal of driving value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.
- Concept exploration: Create 2D concept art or other visual examples that illustrate research and tech transfer projects compellingly and engagingly.
- Modeling, rigging, animation, UI design, and game design: Support DRZ research through 3D tasks including modeling, rigging, animation, and game design to create novel models, characters, and games connecting to DRZ research projects.
- Creative support for office tasks: Provide creative support for office tasks such as creating posters, signs, presentations, web pages, style templates, and videos.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, game design, or relevant work experience
- Proficient in English
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented research environment
- Experience as a digital artist and be a motivated and independent worker
- Experience in contemporary 2D and 3D digital art packages, such as Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier
- Experience in game design software, such as Unity (UI, sprites, 3D assets, materials, shaders)