Disney Research Los Angeles has an open Post Doctoral Associate position in areas related Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Representation and Understanding, and the generation for Embodied Conversational Agents. The position is available immediately, with flexible starting date before fall 2018.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 offering the best attributes of academia and industry with the goal of driving value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, or related technical fields
- Track record of publishing in conferences such as AAAI, NIPS, ICML, ACL, or EMNLP
- Possess strong technical presentation skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences clearly
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Statistical models for Natural Language Parsing, understanding and generation
- Statistical Dialogue systems and dialogue planning
- Deep Learning
- Interactive speech and language technologies
- Speech recognition and synthesis
- Prosody analysis and synthesis
- Symbolic Reasoning and Inferencing