Disney Research Los Angeles is looking for a Post Doctoral Associate in Human-Robot Interaction, holding a Ph.D or significant industry experience. Our Post Doctoral Associates work on and contribute to research projects relevant to the Walt Disney Company including Walt Disney Imagineering. WDI, in particular, designs and creates the most advanced robotic characters for the theme parks and fine tunes the guest experience, conducting play tests outside and within the parks. Disney Research is committed to enhancing guest interactions with robotic characters through systematic advancements in HRI.
Areas of interest include:
- Autonomous social robotics
- Humanoid or human-like robots
- Multimodal interactions
- Social interaction design and understanding
- Recognition of Emotion, Action, and Intent
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields or significant industry experience
- Expertise in ROS
- Expertise in Python / C++
Desired skills include:
- Experience in motion planning
- Experience in perception for HRI
- Interest in implementing research for business applications
- Demonstrated publication record
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.