Disney Research, Los Angeles is looking for a Research Scientist, at either the junior or senior level in the area of Computer Vision, with an emphasis on one or more of the following: human-robot interaction, activity recognition, and human performance capture.
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 offering the best attributes of academia and industry with the goal of driving value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.
- Drive value for The Walt Disney Company through groundbreaking research and innovation
- Hiring and mentoring post-doctoral researchers, interns, and work with external collaborators
- Develop a strong network of business partners within the company
- Lead efforts to transfer technology to relevant Disney business units
- Publish research results and patent inventions
- Participate in conferences, workshops, and academic-industrial events
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical fields
- Proven track record of publishing in conferences such as CVPR, NIPS, IROS, and ICCV
- Possess strong technical presentation skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences clearly
- Experience in real-time perception of human intention, emotion recognition, facial expression classification, attention detection, attention detection, activity and intention recognition
- Experience applying machine learning to computer vision problems in perception of human activity and intention, and human-robot interaction
- Background in prototyping software and hardware systems