A Senior Research Scientist is a principal investigator, with latitude to define a research agenda based on needs gathered from the business units, areas of expertise available in the labs, and knowledge of the research frontier. Resources available to a Senior Research Scientist may include a research team with postdoctoral researchers, interns, and external consultants. Typical responsibilities of a Senior Research Scientist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with experts and executives in Disney’s businesses to identify research problems worthy of research investment.
- Independently conceive of and propose research problems that are relevant to Disney’s businesses.
- Conduct and direct research inspired by those problems.
- Present research problems, plans, and results.
- Document research in internal reports, peer-reviewed publications, and patent applications.
- Work with Disney’s businesses to commercialize research results.
- Provide expert consulting to various business units of The Walt Disney Company.