We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to complement our team in LA. The Disney Research software engineering team supports the individual research groups in all aspects of software development, from implementing and optimizing specific algorithms and helping in designing larger software frameworks, to providing and maintaining fundamental software libraries used by multiple research groups. We also play a key role in technology transfers, by helping getting research results out to the various business units of The Walt Disney Company and converting research code intro production code that is customized and maintained according to the business units’ specific needs.
- Develop and deliver robust, modern multithreaded software applications and frameworks that runs on different architectures and platforms.
- Work independently and in highly diverse and multidisciplinary teams and with external vendors.
- Occasionally leads software development efforts.
- Operate in a dynamic environment that is very fluid and ever-changing (typical software engineers operate in a waterfall method)
- Must be able to interface and partner with both Engineers and Researchers in facilitating an iterative process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent software engineering skills.
- Common software development tools, environments, compilers, version control and build systems.
- C/C++, Python, MATLAB.
- Expertise in at least one of the following: computer graphics/vision, machine learning, GPU programming, embedded and real-time systems.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Proficiency in producing reliable, maintainable software.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in writing.
- Availability to occasionally travel to support system design, development, or installation efforts.
- Preferred minimum five years software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or science discipline (Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Science preferred).
- Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline.